Monday, February 7, 2011

Progress - Knitting and Beyond

I have managed to knit half the sweater so far.  I am done the body up to the armholes and am now at a standstill, unsure of how to continue.  I am a visual learner so written instructions confuse me.  I'm sure I can find a video on Youtube or Videojug that will explain it all.  No rush, I'm sure I will have it finished before the end of the cold weather...in June!!!

As far as my weight loss, I am doing fairly well, I have lost 13 lbs in five weeks.  I am still feeling too lazy to exercise, but I just received Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred in the mail and am going to check it out...tomorrow!   It's easier to cut down on calories.  I am still doing the Slim Fast plan but I've cut out drinking Nestea 5 calorie drink mix.  I think the aspartame is what was giving me anxiety and heart palpitations.  I always new aspartame was bad for you but I didn't think one little packet of Nestea drink mix would be enough to set off the mayhem of side effects.  It didn't happen right away, I was drinking it for a few weeks before I noticed these symptoms.  Anyway, I'm really happy with my results so far.  I've reached my birthday goal and am just two pounds away from my Oscar night goal.  Hopefully I will reach my goal to lose 30lbs by this summer.  We are going to Las Vegas and I want to buy a couple of fun dresses to wear.  That is one of the best parts of losing weight, an excuse to shop for a new wardrobe.  Actually my old wardrobe is still hanging in my closet waiting to come out of retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment